July 30, 2012

quick family trip to Bangkok

We just got back from a fun weekend away in Bangkok.  We decided to avoid the crowded central areas of Bangkok and just to stay out by the amusement parks we were visiting.  We went to Siam Park City which was such a success with all five of us (Pi Pound came too!).  There were lots of rides that the kids could do (a couple that Sam could do but Jeff couldn't).  Pi Pound hadn't been to a park like this before- so she did all the big rides too- John opted out because he gets sick, and I opted out because I'm pregnant.  But I did enjoy the rides I did with the kids- especially the log flume with Sam and the double decker merry go round with everyone.  After lunch we split up- Pi Pound went to do all the big rides, and the rest of us headed to the waterpark.  No pics (our camera was in the locker) but it was a blast- good slides, a huge wave pool, lazy river, etc.  A good way to cool off too.  Then the next day we spent a couple of hours at Mall Bangkapi which has a waterpark on the roof as well.  That was a blast- more slides, another lazy river- and so cheap- just under 3 bucks for adults and 1.50 for kids.  I think we'll definitely do it again someday.

Jeff beaming on the merry go round

This was the first thing we did and Sam was a bit anxious to get on to bigger rides, but I had a great time.  We did it again at the end of the day right before closing.  I'd never been on a double decker merry go round before- good views of the park!

Jeff loved the little kid rides
 Sam loved this boat ride too- it went fast enough to impress him
 But Sam's favorite was this roller coaster- it was a pretty big one- no flips, but lots of twists and turns and tunnels.  He loved the log flume too
 There were a few exhibit rides- with animitronics (pretty cheesy but the kids liked it well enough).  A dinosaur one, and an African animal one (at least that was what it was advertised as- though...)



No comments: