August 25, 2007

new Sam videos and a bit about our new favorite pasttime

First let me say that John and I have been spending tons of time at the medina (central market) in the last two weeks. We've uncovered more and more parts of it and are now convinced that everything can be found there- need your birth certificate laminated- done. Need color copies, printer cartridges refilled, Playstation repaired, a quick snack, new baby blanket made and other things mended, all can be done there. It's a magical place.

The foods alone are so great- fresh popped popcorn, sandwiches with your choice of veggies, meats, and sauces, shortbread cookies, homemade yogurt with fruit, freshly fried donuts- really a neat place. Of course inside the medina is a fruit and veggie market, a meat market and a fish market. Unfortunately, we haven't really been able to convince ourselves to snap pics- just feels so touristy. I'll probably make myself do it one of these days though.


Today Sam woke up really into this sound (not the first one)- we thought it was funny




Sam "walking" with help from my dad. He's also making strides towards crawling- really into the downward dog for those of you who know that term.

5 comments:

Team Jones said...

I will say that I am a bit tardy with my comment, but you list ONLY ONE reason why California is a good state in your blog a few days ago, and that being sunsets over the ocean. Good one. For many other reasons why California rocks, please see my poorly updated blog. I am going to enjoy my Sushi in a Strip Mall now.

Anonymous said...

Love the videos- thanks, guys. His first noise is pretty cute with the trilling. Fun to hear you laugh too. Also, what's his reward- eating the camera? ;)

EMBiewenga said...

The medina does sound magical- if I can get me hair braided there- then that's it...We're coming!

David Samuel Sandler said...

hey, i'll take the touristy pics for you. :-) then i'll share them with you too!

David Samuel Sandler said...

so... sam does yoga now too!