November 3, 2008

comedy, cupcakes, and costumes

We went to a costume party with Sam this weekend- with some of our friends here and their kids. A French/Lebanese couple, a Spanish/Italian couple, a Belgian/Polish couple, a Congolese/French couple, a German/French couple, and then another American couple, a Pakistani couple, and us. We are among the boring ones as you can see :-)


But before showing the pics from that party, I'll show the cupcakes I made for the party- gummy worms coming out of dirt, and little monsters- that was a lot of fun.






And now onto pics from the party-

This first is Alexander (the boy on the right, who I teach English to once a week) explaining the rules to musical chairs. It was quite amusing to watch- the youngest girl playing lost every time but the older girls kept giving her their chairs, but when it was just the little girl and the boys left, she'd run out of luck :-)



They did an Easter egg type hunt for candy (and here Sam is pre-make up)





Here's Helen- my favorite little pirate- and quite a serious one too. I teach her English once a week.




And now onto pics of our little Zorro (the hairy chest was John's special touch and the painted on mask was my brillant solution to the problem of Sam not letting us tie the cloth mask on)















John says this last pic is a bit of a waste- but it was a funny moment for me. I opened a can of tomato paste and most of the can shot out at me- on my arms, legs, etc- it spurted out for about 30 seconds and I was too stunned to react.

And here is a video clip of Sam trying to hop and jump among other things

3 comments:

Wild Calla said...

Cait- your cupcakes are SO creative!! I love them. Really- you could go into business or something.

And Sam's Zorro costume- words can not suffice to describe how dashing and cute he is in it. Love the glee in his face as he brandishes the sword.

Anonymous said...

ditto

Anonymous said...

i was really taken with the other sword...some congolese weapon with a thin white stick and a red ball at the end. couldn't quite believe my eyes. looks like it could be quite lethal. or has sam not yet learned what the red ball tastes like?
still, oh how the mighty have fallen....