I may have spent less than 7 months in America in the last 4 1/2 years, but that doesn't mean that I'm immune to the glories of America... snowpocalypse, Fall colors, thrift stores/Ebay/craigslist/freecycle, and, of course Denny's. John and I love Denny's a fact I've blogged about before. Take our love of thriftiness and Denny's and... but I'm getting ahead of myself.
We also love the Superbowl (I'm a sucker for any American cultural tv thing- Oscars, Miss America, the National Spelling Bee contest). Ever since junior high, I've gone to Superbowl parties as often as I could and although I have never actually watched a game, I've been a huge fan of the Superbowl Commercial phenomenon. If we hadn't lost all our photos and videos from the first 6 months of our marriage I'd insert a video here of me reenacting the Budbowl in 2002. I digress...
So anyway, when we're overseas, we usually miss the hoopla of the Superbowl parties aside from a super fun one in Morocco in 2008 in which we watched it live (aka super late) and John fought major technical difficulties to stream it and project it for all to enjoy. But I always make up for it by watching the ads afterwards online.
This year's are pretty good- I like the doritos one with the kid and the new boyfriend, John like the one with the beaver violinist, I was moved by the Google ad with searches about love in paris, and I cracked up with the baby webcamming e-trade one... but then I got to this Denny's ad and I had to blog.
Did you all hear that? Free grand slam breakfasts??? I sincerely hope that those of you who live in America celebrate the American life by taking advantage of that. If you do let us know... we wish we could be there with you.
February 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
We tried to go get our free grand slams, but at 7 a.m. the line was out the door and the parking lot entirely full. So we decided to spend five bucks at another joint and skip the wait, but I can't wait for Denny's to offer me free food again, when I'll try not to go at breakfast time.
Post a Comment