Back in 2002, John planned to take me to a cool Cuban restaurant in downtown Chicago to celebrate our first Valentines' day together (2001- John was in HI and I was in IL). Unfortunately, I was sick. So we decided to go to Denny's instead which was just down the road from our first apartment.
Since then we've made Denny's a bit of a Valentine's tradition, although it hasn't often been possible since there are no Denny's in most of the places we've lived. This year, though, we rose to the challenge and I made breakfast for lunch at home. We had pancakes, french toast, sausage links, maple bacon, eggs, potatoes and grapefruit juice (we'll at least I had the juice). Lots of those things are specialty items here, so it was a real treat. John ate a ridiculous amount and skipped dinner later that night. Sam enjoyed the meal too as did his babysitter. So I think this will become our family tradition, especially since John's never been a fan of my family's all chocolate cake and mint ice cream all day Valentine's tradition.
February 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I'm with you John.
what??????????
sam, come to my house and i'll show you are real valentine's day.
Post a Comment