March 23, 2010

Sam's bday and John's movie debut

Sam is three! We had a fun time celebrating him here in Chiang Mai with our little family and Tle and Pi Pound. We did webcam celebrations with my parents, went bowling, made pancakes and cupcakes. We're going to have his party in a few weeks when we're in Malaysia with our family- somehow having big kids to play with seems like a lot more fun. I don't know if I adore any of the birthday shirt pics we took this year- but here are a few of the best- any votes? Should I just get him back in the shirt for another round?






And here is a pic from our birthday webcam celebration with my dad... it just made me happy to see all three of them together even if we're apart.


Last night, John and I went on a classic date- dinner and a movie. Dinner was divine and the movie was special too because it was John's big debut. He was an extra back in 2008 for The Green Zone and his scene was in it. He is in the background playing ping pong and is on screen long enough to recognize him but he's at a distance and is a bit out of focus. Our friend Morgan got the best extra moments of anyone we know- you can hear her voice and see her up close lots of times. Sadly, Ben didn't make it- at least as far as we can tell, but at least he got paid extra because he was in the cold pool all day. Here's a screen shot of John, he's playing ping pong in the back center of the shot in an orange shirt and blue with white stripe shorts:

3 comments:

papajack said...

I am eager to see John in the movie. I would take some more shots. You want a picture that shows how big Sam is relative to his shirt.

Annie said...

I am always amazed and impressed at how well you celebrate birthdays, as well as other special occasions.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMBO!!!!!!!!!

And we are so lucky to have a super star as a friend.