This is one of many pictures too tempting to not take- John snapped it in the Medan airport at the California Fried Chicken restaurant. If you can get past the reflection on the plastic you can see that they are selling an 'ice cream mini burger' and it looks to me like the price is just about 90 cents. Mmm Mmm good.California Fried Chicken is more famous in Indonesia (at least our part of Indo) than KFC so people often think that it is the original and well known in the states. Who knows? Maybe it is famous in California- but I've never seen it. Same is true of A&W. It's a fast food chain that specializes in waffles and root beer and burgers/chicken. I haven't seen one in the US either, but John said that in Malaysia in the early 90's A&W was it for cutting edge fastfood.



3 comments:
Yo dudes - I'm all about the blog; good choice. By the way, there are A&W restaurants in the states - getting more popular as time goes on. Usually, they are paired with a KFC or something. - Jay
Aint nothin' like California fried chicken!!! Those hispanics sure do know how to work the frier! you might think mexico is all taco's and chile verde, but no, fried chicken in a STAPLE!!!
Is the whole world really this crazy?
Also, I am not sure if it is OK to make 'fetus' sized baby clothes...jury is still out on that one. to each his own I guess.
Love you guys.
Cameron
I too have witnessed, though not tasted the whole ice cream burger thing - the guys I saw eating them told me with great pride that it's what makes them strong...hmmm, not convinced myself!
Anyway, i've joined the blogging revolution too, so glad that we can keep better in touch now.
Enjoy this new journey that you've embarked on - lots of adventures ahead I'm sure!
Zannah
Post a Comment