November 9, 2006

one year ago today... and happy together

Yesterday I had dinner with two of my ex-coworkers and we realized that today is the one-year anniversary of the tumultous time (attempted coup and internal staffing conflict) at our organization here. I'm sure many of our friends remember the drama of last November for us- temporarily suspending activities, shutting down the office, threats, evacuation and the like. My friends and I were discussing what hindsight has taught us, and it seemed a good link with that last entry. I'm interested to hear what John has to say about if/what he'd do differently if he could do it all over. For me, it just emphasizes how much I've learned and changed and grown this year- at that time, I'd only been in Aceh for two months and I was just a volunteer.

John is back today, after 10 days out of touch and he's brought back.... a moustache-we'll just have to post a picture of that on here :-) His return also means the return of our camera and computer and pictures from Penang and the orangutans, so we'll be posting some new pics this weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

always helpful to have a john in the house.

Anonymous said...

and don't forget to post some belly pictures!!

Jay and Becky said...

Still waiting for that picture of John with a trash-stache