February 21, 2007

a trip to Canada for one and a sleepover for the other

John and I parted ways this weekend for separate adventures- he to Thunder Bay, Canada for his grandmother's funeral- where he spent time with his parents, his sister, and his two nieces (the sometimes stars of this blog :-) ) along with all of his Canadian relatives. I stayed behind (too late in my pregnancy to fly still) and my sister and friend Becka came for the weekend. We both had a great time!

A few highlights of John's weekend (as reported to me) were:
-playing with Ruthie again (sadly Lydia was sick most of the time)
-catching up with his cousin Eric and his wife Jen
-sharing at a CMA Canada church there
-seeing his dad right before going through customs as he left
-all the wonderful things shared by friends and acquaintances about his grandmother- who was a very sweet woman


A few highlights of my weekend were:
-staying home alone Friday night but then talking for five hours to two good friends on the phone
-hanging out for hours and hours on Saturday with Becka waiting for Elizabeth (my sis) and then walking with the two of them in Wissahickon Gorge- which is pretty much my favorite place in the world. It's a little 7 mile by 1 mile park near where we lived the first year we were in Philly
-a phenomenal baby shower thrown by some of my friends here in Philly- I loved having friends from different parts of my life all together and appreciated them taking time to pray for me and our baby- they were really generous with gifts too
-being in my church here again (though we've been back in Philly we've been visiting other churches and haven't been able to be at ours much)

I suppose I'll probably post pictures later on from both John's time and mine, but I've been told repeatedly recently that certain fans of this blog would rather there be something than nothing because I'm waiting on the pictures :-)

Also of potential note (don't think I said this here yet...) we are now in the four week window within which most babies are born- so there is a very reasonable likelihood that we'll be having our baby before March 18th or so...I'll keep you posted.

No comments: