December 17, 2007

Clark, cookies, and creve(with an accent on the 2nd e)

This last week my uncle, Clark, came for a visit. It was fun to spend time with him and special to see him with Sam.


Especially because he's known me since I was a baby...



Anyway, I spent this weekend making a variety of cookies to give away (of course we'll keep some too). During Ramadan (the Muslim holiday) in October, so many people here gave me treats from their celebrations or invited me to eat with them. I'm trying to return the favor with plates of cookies. We've got 11 varieties (though I'm not sure if candy canes counts exactly). I had so much fun making family recipes with my dad, making John's favorite Canadian recipe (butter tarts), and trying a few others. Special mention goes to the white bark covered pretzels which my college roommate's mom Verlette made for her every year. She always said they were the simplest thing and she was right.

I was pretty tired after three days of cooking, but just take a look at John after a session of vocab memorization- he's creve (crev-ay, which means exhausted)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

interesting to see caitlin at about the same age as sam...