December 19, 2007

Forays into infant potty training and a new skill

So it'd been a little while since I lasted posted- there's three new ones now :-)

Here are pics of Sam and his potty- which we're working on getting him accustomed too- so far he pees in it about 3 times a day. We're definitely not going all out with it yet, but the idea is that your baby gets used to going in a diaper so why not get them used to going in a potty before they get into the willful 2s. It's something that most babies in places we've lived do and in Congo babies generally start at 6 months though we are a bit late for that. I hadn't really given it much thought, but I'll let you know how it goes.

Sam loves this hat (and in the background is a felt banner my grandmother made that I add an ornament to each day- this is kind of what my Jesse tree will be like)


Okay here are a few videos- I know it has been awhile since I posted any, but I suppose this could be considered overboard, all three were taken right after those potty pictures.

This first one is a gleeful getaway from the potty. John requested that I call this video "Tasteful Nudity" since he was so proud of his camera angles.


This video is over 4 minutes so feel free to skip to the next if you just want to see the new skill. But this long one includes babbling, standing, crawling, his new trick, and a fun commentary by John (we were feeling a bit silly I guess)


Here's Sam doing his new trick for the 6th time that day. Since then he's tried in on stairs, couches, and most enjoyably, from the dining room table to a chair :-) I'm not sure if this will end up keeping him safer or getting him into more trouble.

2 comments:

Wild Calla said...

Love the posts! I was missing them...
I can't check the videos at work but will look at them tonight.

Sam is getting to be such a grown-up little guy- he's looking more and more like a real person, if you know what I mean. Love that sweater on him. :)

David Samuel Sandler said...

what exactly does John know about "tasteful nudity"???
Inquiring minds... actually, no, we don't want to know.