August 10, 2009

Just a little pregnancy update...

I know that some of you are wondering if we've had the baby yet... and we haven't. Here's the deal: I had an ultrasound on Saturday and the placenta and baby are fine. So we're going to wait to try some natural induction related stuff on Thursday and then I'll be induced on Sunday if I'm not yet in labor. I read something that says that 60% of women not yet in labor go into labor between days 10-13 past EDD, and that's more or less what happened with me last time (12 days past). I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but considering induction is still quite unsavory for me. I still have 6 days and that is really quite a lot of time, but it would be nice if I didn't have a time limit (and I do agree with the 42 week induction marker, though I know many people who question that).

Anyway, we had a great weekend with John's mom. We went to a park and picnicked and fed fish, we ate at a couple of awesome restaurants including a delicious vegetarian buffet place, and shopped at the Sat. night walking market. Tonight we ate dinner and then went swimming at a local pool that was really quite nice.

John's been working on the house/office at full steam, though I'm no longer allowed to visit to increase the "wow" factor when I finally do see his home improvements. I'm sure it's going to be fabulous.

So anyway, we'll let you know when we've had the baby- by Facebook, blog and email (probably in that order) :-)

No comments: