

Sam's half-birthday was Sunday. It's an exciting milestone but no cake for the little guy- instead he'll be getting carrots and pumpkin soon. It was a really special day for me because I could remember every detail of where I was and what I was doing six months earlier. We sang Sam half of Happy Birthday to You (and several other birthday songs).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to start this second part of the post by commending John for doing a few things to benefit this blog. Nope- not posting (he's done three posts ever)- but the behind the scenes tech stuff. First, he designed the new banner at the top, which I adore. He also found two freewares which can clip videos and shrink the file by tons. For example- this first video below is done the old way and the 2nd with the new shrinking software. This should make loading the videos a lot quicker for those of you with slower internet (yeah I'm talking to you over there in Aceh). Also, I will try to avoid having videos that have blank space. If we're trying to get Sam to do something and it takes a minute, now we can just crop it to the exciting moment.
John and I are constantly amazed at how close Sam is to crawling- he spends most of his time on his hands and knees or feet. John took maybe 15 videos this week trying to capture some of his cool new moves but none of them are quite there- so I'll wait until we have a good crawl video. Instead we've got these two this week.
My mom and I are getting a lot more done in the kitchen now that Sam can do this for awhile



2 comments:
I love those videos- Sam's face with the sparkling water is hilarious.
Happy half-birthday, Sam!
This is classic! Sam is too funny! We watched it twice.
Post a Comment