February 2, 2009

fun with Sam, and water woes

Sam is so much fun.

New words: poop, boap (boat), back (basketball), app (apple, pineapple), apsel(applesauce), bap (back), more, gan (again), oats, out, etc.

Favorite evening activities- running around the living room as fast as he can while John and I clap, and dancing to oldies (especially being spun around)

Funny reason for delight- he used to clap when the power went out and then John turned the generator on and we had lights, but our generator has been broken for a week, so now he claps whenever the lights are on.

New skill underway- using the potty. The other day while I was reading and not paying attention, he put his potty up on the coffee table I was using as a footrest, climbed up and peed in the potty. Amazing!

Some fun new games- ring around the rosy, hide and go seek (he usually hides wherever I hid when it was my turn), and this coy game he plays at the fridge


Here's a pic that makes my cooking look horribly unedible:
Sam got stuck in this box and John, of course, ran to get the camera before letting him out- man, oh man.
A pic of our small English speaking church service


And now for the water woes: Our water reservoir got a big leak in it and our landlord hasn't gotten around to fixing it yet. So we haven't had water at all in the house most days but we've started collecting rain water which is really helping us through our dry spell.

Except that the rust in the cans leads to this

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great to see the pix and video of sam!

Anonymous said...

sam is learning British English, I think. A bap is a soft floured roll--as I've learned this week. Other new vocabulary:
gritting: salting the roads
farm assured chicken: [not sure what that means]
travel disaster: 6 inches of snow