March 27, 2007

A week of Sam


So this last ten days has been, for John and I, all about Sam. Getting to know him, and learning how to take care of him has been our fulltime pursuit. He's been a dream of a baby so far- doesn't cry much, sleeps well, has gained weight, is eating well, and is more and more infant looking (and less newborn) every day. Our friends and family here have been very supportive of us- bringing food, helping us clean our house, holding Sam so we can do other things...

My recovery is going well- better each day and much better for the past few days. Once Sam and I got the hang of nursing things have been much better all around.

John's doing a great job as a father- he's the supreme diaper changer in the family and Sam sits for hours on his lap looking up at him while he works on the computer. Very cute!

Special commendation goes out to my mom who stayed with us for weeks waiting for Sam's birth and then for about a week after. She was an all-star- giving us needed help with Sam and with me. I can't imagine how couples handle the first week without help let alone single moms. Wow!

Here are a few more pics of Sam:
Sam in the ergo with John (they did the dishes together)

Sam in the boppy (from my friend Helen and a real help around the house and for nursing)



It was a very sleepy week all around:





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a beautiful set of photos. Thanks for sharing guys. I can't believe how much he has changed over such a short period of time. So glad things are going well. You will be our guides (not yet though).

Anonymous said...

He is so precious!! We have been waiting for new photos. It is going to be hard to wait to meet our nephew. Ruthie thinks she owns him with having been an inpiration for his name! We love you, Susan

Steiner said...

great pics. He is so cute and I really like all the sleepy pictures. Phil especially liked the picture with Sam covering his face in your Mom's arms. Glad to hear things are going well. I often think of you guys. love - Julie