Anyway, John and I decided (at the urging of my sister) to make some of my family's Christmas cookies. Since there were already plenty of goodies around and not too many people to eat them, we just made very small batches of four kinds of cookies. The whole thing was done in just a few hours and only one load in the oven. Here's a picture of me with our little bits of dough :-)

We were really pleased to have several special Christmas celebrations- the Dalat elementary school Christmas musical (John is an alumnus), an all-church Penang open house at the historic Fort Cornwallis, a YWAM Christmas dinner (where John's sister and family live/work), an international church Christmas eve eve (23rd) service, and our own celebrations of course.
For lunch on Christmas eve, Susan made us a really delicious meal and we ate out under the trees in her backyard :-)

On Christmas eve, we opened stocking stuffers and John's mom came away with some of the funniest- here she is sporting
1) clip on fake hair
2) a chili pepper necklace
3) a party hat
and
4) red fish net socks :-)

I got some fabulous presents too- but one of my favorites is pictured here because I figured many of you would find it fitting too
It's an "I'm more important than Manchester United!" shirt that John is going to make with me when we're back in the US with all our printing stuff. For those of you who don't know... Manchester United is an English Premier League soccer (football) club and John's very favorite team of all sports -above the Lakers, Packers, and Indians.This year I read through, "Awaiting the Child" an advent reading book written by Isabel Anders, who at the time of the writing, was doing some work in publishing, writing, was the wife of an Episcopalian priest, and an expectant mother



2 comments:
"I'm more important than Manchester United" is a nice general theme, but I would want it to be more specific. "I am more important than Manchester United when they are in the final minutes of a 1-1 game deciding the league championship." Now that would be a shirt!
Good point Dad- I should see if I can work in some wording changes before we print... or just try putting it on at opportune times and seeing if it reminds him- maybe I should get a matching one for wiglet too :-) Caitlin
Post a Comment